The best pet insurance for bulldogs offers accident and emergency veterinarian care for any injuries that may occur as well as any health conditions that may arise. Learn about Dog Ownership Guide’s recommendations for the best pet insurance for bulldogs below.
The Best Pet Insurance for Bulldogs
You have many pet insurance companies to choose from for your French bulldog or English bulldog. Knowing which pet insurance plan is best for your dog’s breed will make the decision easier for you.
The first dog insurance company we’d like to highlight for French bulldogs or English bulldogs is Embrace Pet Insurance.
Embrace Pet Insurance
Embrace Pet Insurance covers nearly all veterinarian costs (up to 90%) as long as the vet care is for newly diagnosed health conditions (such as hip dysplasia) or injuries from an accident. It’s best to invest in dog insurance as soon as possible for English bulldogs because previously diagnosed medical conditions are not covered.
The Wellness Rewards program is a wellness plan offered for those enrolled in a pet insurance policy. It offers reimbursement for routine care services and wellness exams Otherwise, their pet insurance plans do not cover the cost of routine care and wellness exams.
You can learn more about Embrace Pet Insurance by reading:
Petplan Dog Insurance
Petplan dog insurance is a good option for health insurance for bulldogs. They offer reimbursement for vet bills and other medical-related expenses for injuries, illnesses, and health conditions.
People who decide to enroll in a Petplan dog insurance policy say that there’s a short waiting period for reimbursement and they provide exceptional customer service.
Policies offered are split up into three tiers:
The plans can be customized by setting the maximum annual payouts (choose from $2,500 to unlimited), annual deductibles ($250 to $1,000), and reimbursement percentages (70% to 90%).
Petplan does offer options for wellness coverage for preventative care. To learn more about this pet insurance company, read the following articles:
PetFirst Healthcare for English Bulldogs
PetFirst insurance provider offers cost-effective policies customized to the dog. The most popular plan they have is the one that offers annual benefits of $5000 with reimbursement of up to 80%. There is no upper age limit.
Like other insurance providers, they do cover pre-existing conditions. They cover newly diagnosed health conditions and emergency care.
Covered conditions include but are not limited to:
- Vestibular Syndrome
- Periodontal Disease
- Heart Disease
- Renal Failure
- Ear Infections
- Skin Infections
- Upset Stomach
- Bladder Issues
- Eye Infections
To learn more about PetFirst’s comprehensive coverage for bulldogs, read the following articles:
What Pet Owners Need to Know About Health Insurance for Bulldogs
Before jumping into a pet insurance plan, it’s important to know what to expect from one, so you’re not surprised later. The following information will help you decide if pet insurance is right for you.
- Most pet insurance companies have a waiting period after enrolling in a policy. This waiting period is to stop pet parents from only enrolling their pets into a policy because they have been hurt or started suffering from a health issue.
- Pre-existing health problems are never covered by pet health insurance providers. This does not mean that you can’t secure pet insurance for your pup. It just means that your vet bills for whatever health problems already diagnosed will not be covered.
- Preventative care is never part of an insurance policy. Wellness plans and wellness coverage comes as an option and each pet insurance provider has different offers for them.
- Pet health insurance does cover hereditary conditions, such as hip dysplasia and cherry eye – as long as those hereditary conditions are not pre-existing.
- Comprehensive care from pet insurance providers includes coverage for illnesses, injuries (like broken bones), emergency care, and health issues. This coverage does include cancer treatments.
- Behavior therapy, alternative therapies, and prescription medications are not part of pet insurance policies.
- A claim must be submitted whenever there is veterinarian care that is covered by a policy. The insurance company then reimburses the cost depending on what the purchased policy covers.
How to Choose from the Best Pet Insurance Companies
The following tips can help you choose the best pet insurance company for you and your bulldog.
- Talk to an insurance agent to get a sense of what customer service is like for them. This will be very important when you have to submit a claim. The insurance agent should provide detailed information and be patient as you ask questions about policy details.
- Ask each pet insurance provider what is included in their comprehensive coverage, so there are no surprises. Ask about annual limits, upper age limits, and specific covered conditions typical for French bulldogs and English bulldogs depending on which breed you own.
- Don’t forget to ask about discounts. Many pet insurance providers offer discounts for multiple pets, so be sure to check if you qualify for any they offer.
- Ask what the process is for filing a claim and how long reimbursement usually takes. Many bulldog owners place pay their vet bills with a credit card and then pay the credit card off with the reimbursement.
- Most insurance providers offer wellness plans as an option. Ask about them and see if there are any discount programs for exam fees, prescription medication, alternative therapies, and behavior therapy.
Other Insurance Options for Pet Parents
Pet owners have many options when it comes to healthcare for their pups. Other pet insurance companies worth looking into are ASPCA pet health insurance, Healthy Paws, and Pets Best.
Do your due diligence by researching each insurance company to choose the one that will save you the most money in premiums and veterinarian costs if a medical situation were to occur.
Dog Ownership Guide is here to help you with your dog insurance shopping. Leave a comment below about your experiences with dog insurance for your bulldog to help other pet owners in a similar situation.